Season of Shaping : Lent 2019
This Lenten season we encourage you to follow the weekly rhythm outlined on this card. Helpful insights on each of these spiritual disciplines can be found in Keith Drury’s Soul Shaper. For each day of the week:
- Meditate on the Scripture given, then form it into a prayer for yourself.
- Consider acting on the challenge given.
Monday – Scripture
- All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16
- Listen to a chapter of Scripture today. (The Bible App is a great free resource.)
Tuesday – Prayer
- …praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel. Ephesians 6:17-18
- Pray for someone that is not yet a believer and invite them to church with you on Easter.
Wednesday – Confession
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- Ask God if there is something you need to confess to Him or somebody else.
Thursday – Fasting
- But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matthew 6:17-18
- Undertake a 12-hour fast. Have an early, light breakfast, and then abstain until dinner. (If you’re unable to fast from food, fast social media and entertainment for the same period.)
Friday – Humility
- The greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. Matthew 23:11-12
- Perform an act of service for someone, expecting no recognition in return.
Saturday – Charity
- For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me. Matthew 25:25-26
- Make a food donation to the Clemmons Food Pantry (bin in Coffee Bar).