We are honored that you would like to consider having your wedding at River Oaks – and more importantly – we look forward to the process of helping you prepare for what happens after the wedding – being married!
Since marriage is created by God, He alone gets to define it. Marriage is not merely a civil agreement between two parties; it is a sacred covenant that springs from the very heart of the One who created it. And it was designed to glorify Him.
You will spend far more time together as husband and wife than you will in planning for your wedding, so we want to help you prepare appropriately. At River Oaks, marriage is something we highly value as a gift of God. We are committed to providing couples with the best opportunity for a lifelong marriage that is God honoring and biblically based.
In order to assist you, we ask that you apply at least four months prior to your anticipated wedding date. If you are unable to turn in your forms at least four months in advance of your wedding date, we may not be able to guarantee that we will have a pastor available to officiate your ceremony. Due to the size of our church and the number of requests for weddings, we find it necessary to perform weddings only for those who are members of our church, children of members, and for those who are planning to join, but have not yet completed our membership class.
Whether you are interested in having your ceremony at River Oaks Community Church or having one of our pastors officiate your wedding at another location the process begins the same:
Steps to Scheduling Your Wedding
• Download the River Oaks Community Church Wedding Agreement and Wedding Policy (if you desire the ceremony to be held at the church) below.
• Return completed Wedding Agreement Form and your deposit to the church office (no deposit necessary if the wedding will be held at another location).
• You will be contacted by phone to review your forms, answer any questions you have about the process and help us learn a little more about you.
• After the initial phone call, we will schedule appointments for premarital counseling with the officiating pastor, another pastor on staff or a trusted counseling partner, as needed. Following this initial counseling session, we will also confirm the wedding date.
• The Wedding Coordinator will contact you to begin the planning process. The coordinator will act as the liaison between you and the church. She will be present at the rehearsal and wedding.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Janet Pemberton at (336)766-0033.
DOWNLOAD WEDDING AGREEMENT
DOWNLOAD WEDDING POLICY