Current Staff Openings
Job Title: Office Manager (Posted on May 1, 2023)
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Direct Reports: 3-5 administrative staff and office volunteers
Job Status: 40 hours a week
Job Summary: Responsible for the oversight of all the administrative affairs of River Oaks Community Church. The Office Manager will coordinate and perform a diverse set of support tasks, to ensure the church and its facility are operating efficiently.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the church office.
- Coordinate administrative support to the pastoral and ministry staff.
- Oversee facility usage requests from outside groups and coordinate facility usage as needed among ministries.
- Administrate background clearances in accordance with the River Oaks child protection policy.
- Oversee property insurance.
- Prepare EPC annual report.
- Maintain all vendor contracts (i.e., copier, phone system, IT support).
- Keep all office equipment in working order.
- Work with an external IT Company to oversee the technology operations and repairs as needed.
- Maintain oversight of all IT hardware (e.g., computers, ipads, printers) and oversee a phased approach to implementing older equipment as needed.
- Oversee church membership database updates and generate reports as needed.
- Ensure compliance with church policies (e.g., facility usage, flexible benefits plan, business expense reimbursement, etc.).
- Lead weekly administrative team meeting, which could include prayer and a brief devotional component.
- Oversee church membership database. Generate reports, update records, and send transfer letters as needed.
- Assist with compassion requests. Maintain records of all requests and interact with landlords, employers, and references as needed when vetting requests.
- Responsible for the timely payment of Accounts Payables.
- Process biweekly payroll, prepare 1099-misc reports and distribution of W-2s.
- Prepare monthly financial related reports for Session and Stewardship Team meetings.
- Review and prepare compensation related reports, including annual employee salary and benefit analysis.
- Manage property tax exemptions, as needed.
- Assist with the administration of any capital campaigns.
- Analyze and track church metrics, providing periodic reports to church leadership.
- Assist with annual budgeting process.
- Assist with annual review of financials by outside accounting firm.
- Keep current on changing tax laws uniquely applicable to churches and church employees.
- Maintain personnel files with all necessary documentation including I-9 forms with appropriate identification, letters of hire, job descriptions, disciplinary actions, and other records as needed.
- Onboard new hires and interns including orientation of the church and staff policies.
- Responsible for oversight of the internal church calendar, including tracking vacation and sick leave for employees.
- Assist with the coordination of insurance benefits provided through the EPC denomination:
- Provide information to the Stewardship Team annually for selection of benefit plans.
- Providing the EPC with enrollment information once a year and updating them whenever employees are added or removed.
- Assist with payroll deductions and record payments for employee FSA, HSA and HRA plans.
- Oversee retirements benefits with the EPC for applicable staff.
- Three to five years of related experience in office administration, human resources, or working with financial/accounting software.
- Proficient with MS Office and capable of learning internal database applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and discernment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Accordance with the essential beliefs of River Oaks Community Church as set out by the EPC Essentials. https://epc.org/about/beliefs/
- An ever-deepening relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that is reflective of that pursuit.
- Convey a gracious and Christ-like spirit when interacting with others.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to .